- BEAN LLC - Design & Development
- INDIANAPOLIS, IN, USA
- Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Front-end/UI Developer DEPARTMENT: 740- Design & Development
This is an in-office postition located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
SUPERVISOR: Director of Design & Development FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Front-end/UI Developer builds and maintains excellent user experiences for customers and associates as part of our proprietary software application and mobile app.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions/responsibilities listed below. The organization will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions/responsibilities.
• Ownership of front-end development on custom-built desktop and mobile clients
• Maintain and evolve applications to grow with the company and service
• Creatively solve complex problems
• Develop innovative and highly usable interfaces for desktop and mobile devices
• Collaborate with internal team members to determine business requirements
• Build, test, debug, and document application code to ensure that requirements are met
• Analyze, develop, and deploy code using standardized processes and development guidelines
• Keep up-to-date with new technologies and skills, recommending the implementation of new tools where appropriate
• Participate in sprint planning and code reviews as needed
• Assist in UI/UX decisions with a good understanding of usability standards and best practices
• Provide contributions to data architecture design and back end development where necessary
• Operate independently to complete work duties
Required Technical/Computer Skills
• 3 years of experience building websites or the front end of website applications
• Proficient understanding of developing and consuming APIs.
• Knowledge of responsive web design
• Basic understanding of Docker and AWS
• Experience using code versioning tools such as Git
• Familiar with server-side technology and frameworks such as PHP or Rails
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills and/or abilities an individual needs in order to perform this job successfully.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Computer Science, or equivalent job experience
• 3+ years' experience building websites or the front end of website applications
• Excellent verbal communication skills and written communication skills
• Excellent ability to compile information and create professional reports
• Excellent analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative
• Excellent elaboration, problem solving and composing skills
Other Skills & Abilities
• Quick and avid learner; open-minded with the ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints
• Responsible and organized, with good communication skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The organization will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This work takes place primarily in an office environment with flexibility for remote work as needed.
• This work is deadline oriented.
• Use of a computer and other office equipment is necessary.
• This position requires working independently with minimal supervision and within a team.
• This position requires working and interacting with others, both in person and through phone and email correspondence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an individual must meet in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The organization will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position requires the ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
• This position requires good finger dexterity, using fingers to make small movements such as typing or picking up small objects
• This position requires good speaking ability and must convey detailed or important information or ideas accurately and quickly
• This position requires average hearing ability, able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information
• This position requires repetitive motions: movements frequently and regularly required using wrists, hand, and fingers
• This position requires good visual abilities: visual acuity necessary to prepare or examine documents and operate equipment
• This position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media