Transportation & Logistics Manager
- Cold Chain - Logistics
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Transportation & Logistics Manager
SUPERVISOR: Operations Manager
The Transportation & Logistics Manager works to ensure efficient delivery of orders while meeting safety and service standards. This position implements and improves delivery policies and procedures for Green BEAN Delivery & Tiny Footprint Distribution through development & solicitation of manager feedback. The Transportation & Logistics Manager executes the strategies and goals for delivery set by Executive Managers.
The Transportation & Logistics Manager is accountable for thoroughly understanding and utilizing routing and navigation software and hardware. This position uses routing and navigation knowledge to assist the marketing, customer service, and operations departments, in the development of delivery areas, service features, automation of processes, etc. The Transportation & Logistics Manager provides guidance and support to the Delivery Managers of Green BEAN Delivery in order to improve delivery operations and to develop a consistent, effective delivery system. This position works closely with the Operations Manager, Member Services Manager, and Human Resources Manager to create procedures, policies and training for the delivery department.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions/responsibilities listed below. The organization will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions/responsibilities.
- Upload and route all deliveries scheduled on a weekly basis
- Download routes and make adjustments in the database
- Utilize routing software to enhance delivery operations and improve customer service
- Communicate issues regarding driver performance to Delivery Managers
- Analyze data to improve routing procedures and policies
- Assist in development of new delivery procedures and policies
- Manage and troubleshoot issues with routing and navigation software/hardware
- Work with Delivery Managers on daily vehicle allocation
- Provide reroute information to Delivery Managers and administrative staff
- Assist customer service staff with issues related to delivery
- Provide feedback regarding delivery operations to General Managers and Executive Managers
- Develop uses and features of routing and navigation software/hardware
- Track and maintain all fleet maintenance records and procedures
- Map and communicate delivery boundaries and adjustments to marketing and customer service
- Plan routing schedules for abbreviated or adjusted delivery schedules with Operations Director
- Completes tasks and projects assigned as need by department leadership
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills and/or abilities an individual needs in order to perform this job successfully.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1+ years' experience related to logistics, distribution, and/or transportation
- Experience with Paragon routing software and/or Navman navigation systems preferred
- Average verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to compile information and create reports
- Above average analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative
- Above average elaboration, problem solving and composing skills
- Average ability to perform basic and statistical mathematical calculations
- Average ability to create formulas in spreadsheets for tracking and report calculations
- Proficient computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to learn and operate routing and navigation software and equipment
- Ability to operate office equipment including copiers, scanners, and phones
Other Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate and coordinate across several branches/locations
- Ability to learn and thrive in a dynamic, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an individual must meet in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The organization will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time.
- This position requires good speaking and listening skills.
- This job requires the ability to work on a computer for long periods of time.
- This job requires repetitive motions, including arms, hands, wrists, and fingers.
- This job requires strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity.
- This position requires the ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The organization will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This work takes place in both an office environment and warehouse environment.
- The work can be fast-paced with the need for multi-tasking. This work is deadline oriented.
- The position occasionally requires working around moving warehouse equipment and noise.
- Use of a computer and other office equipment is necessary.
- This position requires working independently with minimal supervision.
- This position requires working and interacting with others, both in person and through phone, e-mail, and written correspondence.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media