Delivery Service Rep
- Cold Chain - Indianapolis, IN
- Indianapolis , IN, USA
- Full Time/Part Time
The Delivery Service Representative works to build strong customer relationships through timely delivery of orders and outstanding customer service. This position maintains accurate inventories through proper receiving, accurate order preparation, inventory assessment and periodic physical reconciliation. The Delivery Service Rep. provides general assistance to the Warehouse Supervisor in order to meet the operational objectives set for the company.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Picks products from inventory and build orders as specified on sales orders and invoices
- Prepares inventory for transport to other Tiny Footprint Distribution hubs
- Operates vehicle safely, adhering to all company policies and federal, state, and local regulations
- Delivers orders and invoices to regional customers
- Interacts with customers and store contacts in a professional, courteous manner maintaining an outstanding level of service and building relationships
- Reports all complaints, requests, issues from customers to supervisor
- Refuels vehicles at route end and report all maintenance/damage issues to supervisor
- Maintains a professional appearance and tidy workspace, including delivery vehicle
- Performs store level merchandising as directed by supervisor
- Receives and verify vendor deliveries
- Stocks and organizes inventory in refrigerator, freezer, shelving, etc.
- Properly rotates inventory to maintain quality and reduce shrinkage and spoilage
- Helps with general warehouse duties including cleaning, disposal of waste, etc.
- Assists with periodic inventory calculations
- Assists with other peripheral tasks and projects as deemed necessary
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1+ years' job related experience
- Average verbal and written communication skills
- Able to communicate professionally with customers and vendors
- Average analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative
- Average problem solving and deductive reasoning skills
- Average ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Above average ability to perform inventory calculations and counts
- Average computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to operate navigational equipment
- Ability to operate a cargo van adhering to traffic laws and best driving practices
Other Skills & Abilities
- Valid U.S. Drivers' License
- Driver record in good standing
- This position requires the ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
- This position requires good speaking and listening skills
- This job requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- This job requires the use of warehouse and delivery equipment
- This job requires strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
- This position requires the ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail
- This position requires the ability to operate a cargo van vehicle, utilizing all mirrors
- This position requires a physical exam as required by the state and local transportation regulations
- This work takes place in a warehouse and in a delivery vehicle, including stops at businesses and organizations.
- This work takes place in varying temperatures due to refrigeration and seasonal fluctuations.
- The work can be fast-paced with the need for multi-tasking. This work is deadline oriented.
- The position requires working around moving warehouse equipment and noise.
- Use of navigational equipment is necessary.
- This position requires working independently with minimal supervision.
- This position requires working and interacting with others, both in person and through the phone.