- Green BEAN Delivery - Indianapolis, IN
- IN, USA
- Full Time/Part Time
We are looking for both FULL TIME Sunday - Thursday!
The Warehouse Associate performs tasks that ensure the timely and accurate assembly of orders while observing standards for food safety and quality. This position assists in the storage, preparation, inspection, and picking of produce and grocery products so that Green BEAN Delivery Members receive complete orders of products that meet the expectations for quality and quantity. The Warehouse Associate understands the range of warehouse duties so that they can assist where needed and help the team meet all production deadlines.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions/responsibilities listed below. The organization will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions/responsibilities.
- Measures and packages products as needed, following standards for weight and quality
- Evaluates products for quality, checking appearance, texture, smell, presence of pests, expiration date, etc., rejecting and reporting as directed by the supervisor
- Organizes products, observing "First In First Out" guidelines and keeping work areas neat and efficient
- Stocks products as directed to prepare the production lines for order assembly
- Accurately assembles products for orders, following all company procedures and protocols and meeting production deadlines
- Tracks completed orders through the utilization of scanning equipment
- Follows product substitution procedures when needed
- Notifies the team leader immediately of any shortfalls due to damage, spoilage, etc.
- Completes opening and closing duties, keeping the warehouse clean and prepped for current and subsequent shifts
- Cleans and organized returned packaging for reuse, following proper handling of cleaning agents
- Organizes and rotates products as directed by the supervisor
- Counts products as needed for daily, weekly, and monthly inventory procedures
- Adheres to warehouse safety guidelines and reports any safety issues immediately to the supervisor
- Keeps the work area clean and free of personal items and debris
- Disposes of waste and cull in the appropriate manner
- Communicates problems with warehouse equipment immediately to the supervisor
- Assists in the training and mentoring of coworkers as needed
- Completes all tasks and projects assigned by the supervisor and/or Warehouse Manager
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills and/or abilities an individual needs in order to perform this job successfully.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1+ years' job related experience
- Able to communicate effectively with coworkers and supervisors in both verbal and written format
- Able to listen effectively, understanding the expectations for each warehouse task
- Able to perform basic analysis and compilation tasks
- Able to solve problems and utilize deduction reasoning
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations, with or without a calculator
- Able to operate a computer to perform tasks as trained by the supervisor
- Able to operate warehouse equipment, including scales and bar code scanners
Other Skills & Abilities
- Able to evaluate product quality based on the company standards of quality
- Ability to learn and thrive in a dynamic, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an individual must meet in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The organization will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- This job requires strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity.
- This job requires repetitive motions using arms, hands, wrists, and fingers.
- This position requires the ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The organization will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This work takes place primarily in a warehouse environment, but may require occasional work in an office environment.
- This work takes place in varying temperatures due to seasonal fluctuations and refrigeration/freezing equipment.
- The work is fast-paced with the need for attention to detail. This work is deadline oriented.
- The position requires working around moving warehouse equipment and noise.
- This position requires working under supervision.