- Green BEAN Delivery - Louisville, KY
- KY, USA
- Full Time
The Warehouse Associate performs tasks that ensure the timely and accurate assembly of orders while observing standards for food safety and quality. This position assists in the storage, rotation, inspection, inventory and picking of products so that Tiny Footprint Distribution customers receive complete orders of products that meet their expectations for quality and quantity. The Warehouse Associate understands the range of warehouse duties so that they can assist where needed and help the team reach their goals.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives product deliveries, verifying for accuracy and quality
- Stocks and organizes inventory, observing proper rotation and maintaining optimal quality
- Accurately picks and assembles orders, following all company procedures and protocols and notifying the supervisor or any shortages
- Evaluates products for quality, checking appearance, texture, smell, presence of pests, expiration date, etc., rejecting and reporting as directed by the supervisor
- Completes opening and closing duties, keeping the warehouse clean and prepped for current and subsequent shifts
- Counts products as needed for daily, weekly, and monthly inventory procedures
- Adheres to warehouse safety guidelines and reports any safety issues immediately to the supervisor
- Keeps the work area clean and free of personal items and debris
- Disposes of waste and cull in the appropriate manner
- Communicates problems with warehouse equipment immediately to the supervisor
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred
- Warehouse work experience preferred
- Able to communicate effectively with coworkers and supervisors
- Able to listen effectively, understanding the expectations for each warehouse task
- Able to perform basic analysis and compilation tasks
- Able to solve simple problems and utilize deductive reasoning
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations, with or without a calculator
- Able to operate a computer to perform tasks as trained by the supervisor
- Able to operate warehouse equipment, including scale, scanner, pallet jack, hand truck, etc.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Able to evaluate product quality based on the company standards of quality
- Able to learn and thrive in a dynamic, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment
- This position requires the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- This job requires strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity.
- This job requires repetitive motions using arms, hands, wrists, and fingers.
- This position requires the ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
- This work takes place primarily in a warehouse environment, but may require occasional work in an office environment.
- This work takes place in varying temperatures due to seasonal fluctuations and refrigeration/freezing equipment.
- The work is fast-paced with the need for attention to detail. This work is deadline oriented.
- The position requires working around moving warehouse equipment and noise.
- This position requires working under supervision.