- Green BEAN Delivery - Columbus, OH
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Part Time
The Delivery Associate maintains excellent customer service through the accurate and timely delivery of Green BEAN Delivery members' orders. This position represents the company to the public, requiring excellent customer service skills and professionalism. This position reports information gained during delivery to enable the company to improve its service and procedures. The Delivery Associate helps to maintain delivery vehicles by avoiding damage, operating with care, and reporting issues to their supervisor.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions/responsibilities listed below. The organization will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions/responsibilities.
- Load bins securely and in specified order into delivery vehicles
- Review route and note any special requests or changes
- Deliver orders to correct house, always adhering to placement requests by customers
- Complete all Route paperwork, including logged times, vehicle notes, delivery notes, and packaging retrieval counts
- Obey all company driving procedures and traffic laws
- Represent Green BEAN Delivery in a professional and courteous manner
- Evaluate the condition of items retrieved from customers and report as needed
- Fill the fuel tank using assigned company fuel card
- Submit all completed paperwork and fuel receipt to Warehouse Supervisor for review
- Follow all unloading procedures to ensure proper receipt of information, equipment, and retrieved packaging
- Report any route or delivery problems to Warehouse Supervisor immediately
- Thoroughly clean vehicles leaving no trash or personal belongings
- Complete warehouse preparation and cleaning tasks as needed after route completion
- Communicate information to Warehouse Supervisor that will help to improve routing, customer service, vehicle maintenance, and company procedures
- Contact customers via phone when packaging is not ready for pick up
- Complete tasks and projects as assigned by the Warehouse Supervisor
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills and/or abilities an individual needs in order to perform this job successfully.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2+ years' experience operating commercial vehicles
- Able to verbally communicate effectively with customers, coworkers and supervisors
- Able to listen effectively, understanding the expectations for delivery duties
- Able to perform basic analysis and compilation tasks
- Able to solve problems and utilize deduction reasoning
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations, with or without a calculator
- Able to operate a computer to perform tasks as trained by the supervisor
- Able to operate vehicle navigation equipment and communication devices
- Able to operate a large cargo vehicle, adhering to best driving practices and traffic laws
Other Skills & Abilities
- Valid U.S. Driver's License, Chauffeur's License preferred
- Excellent driving ability and knowledge of traffic laws
- Able to represent Green BEAN Delivery in the community while on route with professional and courteous conduct
- Ability to learn and thrive in a dynamic, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an individual must meet in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The organization will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time
- This position requires good speaking and listening skills
- This job requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- This job requires strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
- This position requires the ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail
- This position requires the ability to operate a cargo van vehicle, utilizing all mirrors
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The organization will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This work takes place primarily in a motor vehicle, as well as at point of delivery (residences and businesses), but also requires some work in a warehouse environment.
- The work can be fast-paced with the need for multi-tasking. This work is deadline oriented.
- The position occasionally requires working around moving warehouse equipment and noise.
- Use of navigational equipment is necessary.
- This position requires working independently with minimal supervision.
- This position requires working and interacting with others, both in person and through the phone.