- Green BEAN Delivery - Marketing
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Sales & Marketing Director is responsible for developing and implementing sales and marketing plans, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and potential customers and markets to achieve the sales goals for Green BEAN Delivery (GBD). This position ensures that all communications to customers, partners, clients and the general public reinforce the company mission and values and maintain a message consistent with the overall branding strategies of GBD.
The Sales & Marketing Director oversees activities as follows: promotions, advertising, events, social media, community engagement, website and blog content, and customer communications. This position collaborates with the Senior Management Team to develop competitive strategies and company goals.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops and implements strategic marketing plans and sales plans to achieve company goals
• Develops and manages sales & marketing operating budgets, analyzing and controlling expenditures according to budgetary requirements
• Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets
• Generates sales forecasts for existing and emerging markets that contribute to the company budget and long term projections and sets performance goals accordingly
• Guides the daily activities of the sales and marketing team
• Builds and develops an effective sales and marketing team through hiring, training, coaching and professional development
• Sets performance goals for subordinates and conducts performance evaluations to keep the team accountable and reward achievement
• Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, video and other electronic media, direct mail, etc.
• Manages social media presence and directs programs to improve social media reputation and recognition
• Works with top management to develop product positioning, packaging and pricing strategy to create the highest possible long-term market share
• Conducts market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions
• Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities
• Establishes and maintains relationships with regional food influencers and strategic partners
• Prepares marketing activity reports and presents to senior management
• Prepares periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales and areas for proposed expansion or products or services
• Establishes and maintains an image consistent with the mission and brand of GBD throughout all promotional materials and events, online content, customer communications and support, community engagement activities and public relations
• Collaborates with the Design and Procurement Department to develop content for website, customer communications, customer support training and promotional materials
• Represents GBD at various marketing, community, and other networking events
• Tracks, reviews and analyzes sales performance against initiatives and plans to determine effectiveness
• Develops and implements customer welcome and appreciation initiatives to strengthen customership retention and engage customers throughout their lifespan
• Uses customer feedback and market research to recommend adjustments or additions to line up of vendors or products
• Contributes to the needs of the BEAN family of companies as needed
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Marketing or Related Field
• 5+ years' job related experience
• Proven leadership experience
• Proven ability to manage budgets
• Able to effectively communicate verbally with direct reports, coworkers, vendors, customers
• Able to compose engaging and persuasive copy
• Proficient computer skills, including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Able to create informative and useful reports and presentations
• Able to operate office equipment including copiers, scanners, and phones
Other Skills & Abilities
• Able to set department goals/metrics and lead the team to meet these goals
• Ability to learn and thrive in a dynamic, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment
• This position requires the ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
• This position requires good speaking and listening skills.
• This job requires strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity.
• This position requires the ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & TRAVEL
• This work takes place primarily in an office environment.
• Travel is can be both local and regional and is expected periodically to all GBD markets.
• The work can be fast-paced with the need for multi-tasking. This work is deadline oriented.
• Use of a computer and other office equipment is necessary.
• This position requires working independently with minimal supervision.
• This position requires leading and developing a team of subordinates.
• This position requires working and interacting with others, both in person and through phone, e-mail, and written correspondence.