- Tiny Footprint Distribution - Sales
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Sales Representative ensures that Tiny Footprint Distribution (TFD) sales goals, set by Senior Management, are met through the acquisition and development of customer accounts and the promotion of products and services. This position oversees the successful promotion of TFD vendors and products to new and existing customers.
The Sales Representative directs a team of regional Sales Associates to ensure constant and consistent implementation of sales initiatives and product promotions.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meets or exceeds regional goals through the retention and acquisition of accounts
- Sustains and cultivates strong relationships with retail buyers and purchasing managers, earning their trust and improving opportunities for increased sales
- Informs retailers of products through demonstrations, sampling, materials, sales data, etc.
- Completes periodic visits to accounts throughout the regions to identify and develop opportunities for sales and improved service
- Collaborates with the Procurement Department to create monthly discounts and promotions for customers and uses these tools to engage and grow accounts
- Works closely with Operations to provide real time feedback from customers as it pertains to delivery and order accuracy at the store level.
- Works closely with the Account Manager (inside sales) to develop strategies for executing promotions, as well as utilizing their contacts to increase order size
- Maintains and develops a system for tracking sales calls, sample distribution to customers and effectiveness of sales initiatives and activities
- Hires, trains, coaches and disciplines Sales Associates
- Seeks out and passes on any new vendor leads/opportunity to the Procurement Department for evaluation
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- 5+ years' experience in sales and promotions
- 2+ years' supervisory experience
- Knowledgeable of organic and natural food distribution and/or retail
- Able to effectively communicate with vendors, customers, coworkers and direct reports through email and other forms of written communication
- Able to persuade and solicit professionally and successfully
- Able to create and perform presentations
- Able to perform basis analysis of both qualitative and quantitative data
- Able to identify and resolve problems
- Able to perform basic statistical mathematical calculations
- Able to use spreadsheets for tracking and reporting
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to operate office equipment including copiers, scanners, and phones
Other Skills & Abilities
- Able to operate delivery vehicles if needed
- Able to take initiative and work independently
- Able to learn and thrive in a dynamic, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment
- This position requires the ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- This position requires good speaking and listening skills.
- This job requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires the use of warehouse and delivery equipment.
- This position requires the operation of company vehicles, including cargo vans and mid-size trucks, utilizing all mirrors.
- This position requires travel to customer establishments in Indiana and, occasionally, Ohio and Kentucky.
- This position requires strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity.
- This position requires the ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
- This position requires repetitive movement with hands, wrists, and fingers.
- This work takes place primarily in an office environment, warehouse environment, at customers' establishments, and, occasionally, in a delivery vehicle.
- The work can be fast-paced with the need for multi-tasking. This work is deadline oriented.
- The position occasionally requires working around moving warehouse equipment and noise.
- Use of a computer and other office equipment is necessary.
- This position requires working independently with minimal supervision.
- This position directly supervises other employees.
- This position requires working and interacting with customers, vendors, and colleagues, both in person and through phone, e-mail, and written correspondence.