Member Services Specialist
- Green BEAN Delivery - Member Services
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
This is a FULL TIME Position - Monday - Friday, 9-5pm
The Member Services Specialist (Customer Service Rep) serves as the primary contact for new members, leads, and inquiries. The Member Services Specialist provides support to members related to orders, products, website, and service. This position provides education to customers and potential customers regarding the local food system, organic and natural foods, and other aspects of the business mission. This position is an integral part of the Member Services and Retention team as they not only delivery the organizational messaging but also work to meet member satisfaction and retention goals. The Member Services Specialist provides qualitative and quantitative feedback about the needs and wants of members in order to improve the overall service, ultimately increasing sales and member engagement.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide solutions based responses to member inquiries and complaints
- Answer all member calls and emails in a timely and friendly manner
- Activate and deactivate member accounts
- Execute delivery of new member orientation and welcome materials
- Manage account suspension procedures for members
- Gather and provide information regarding member accounts to the Manager of Member Services in a relatable manner
- Deliver service recovery tools to members ensuring positive solutions to member complaints and inquiries
- Generate and produces reports based on analytical data
- Has direct contact with members to promote services/products
- Inform members about services, website updates, products and new vendors
- Carry out member appreciation and reward initiatives
- Greets and assists visitors as needed
- May be asked to learn and help with content management and creation for the GBD website & blog
- Updates member account contact information and investigates returned mail/email
- Posts credits and charges to member account receivable systems
- Assist with the collection of past due balances
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (preferred)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (required)
- 2+ years' experience in customer service, hospitality, marketing or related field
- 1+ years' experience in food service, grocery, food sales, or related field
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including in-person and phone communications with members, coworkers, and supervisors
- Excellent written communication skills through email correspondence, website content creation, and print materials
- Average ability to compile information and create reports
- Average analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative
- Excellent elaboration, problem solving and composing skills
- Average ability to perform mathematical basic and statistical calculations
- Average ability to create formulas in spreadsheets for tracking and report calculations
- Proficient computer skills, including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to create reports and presentations, including visual data analysis
- Ability to operate office equipment including copiers, scanners, and phones
Other Skills & Abilities
- Ability to manage projects from inception through execution
- Ability to sell the service and products of the company
- Ability to learn and thrive in a dynamic, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment
- This position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time.
- This position requires good speaking and listening skills.
- This job requires repetitive motions using fingers, wrists, hands, and arms.
- This job requires strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity.
- This position requires the ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
- This work takes place primarily in an office environment.
- The work can be fast-paced with the need for multi-tasking. This work is deadline oriented.
- Use of a computer and other office equipment is necessary.
- This position requires working independently with minimal supervision and within a team.
- This position requires working and interacting with others, both in person and through phone, e-mail, and written correspondence.